Sunday, August 8, 2010

Turning a corner?

At least I'm trying to, turn a corner that is. I've been in a funk for the past month or so, and I'm slowly dragging myself out of it. I haven't been enjoying my crossfitting or lifting classes, but I feel like that's all about to change. I've signed up for the Women's Challenge at CrossFit Central, with two amazing athletes, Pam and Alexis. We're collectively known as "Shock-n-Awe", and ready to kick some ass at the challenge! Pam and Alexis will definitely make me bring my A+ game, and I won't let them down.


I had to leave Sicfit Austin recently, due to financial reasons, but I'm still doing my Oly lifting. I've got a new coach at Woodward CrossFit, Oleg Kechko (Former Olympian, World Champion, and Arnold Classic winner). After 2 sessions with Oleg, I have a renewed respect for Oly lifting, and I'm learning a lot of new and different things. I've been introduced to training straps, they're wrist straps that you use to attach yourself to the barbell. Never used them before, but I've become a fan. They're great for learning your pulls. I also bought some deadlift socks, because my shins are black and blue!!!


I'm looking forward to the end of the summer heat, and hope with the start of fall, I'll be back on track, loving my lifting, crossfitting, and get back to the running. Can't wait to run some 5 and 10K races, and to get back to my long runs that I'm missing so much now.

No comments:

Post a Comment