Monday, January 3, 2011

2011, already?

I haven't written since December, I need to remedy that this year, and try to keep up with the blogging.  Having said that, ACO (back in December) was a blast!  I was nervous, excited, worried, every emotion possible it seemed.  I'll skip the WOD blow by blow, since it seems like forever since it all happened. Bottom line, I finished 5th.  Fifth out of five people, but at least I went out there and competed!  I finished all of the WOD's except for the last one (the 80lb sandbag was my undoing), but hey, I tied for first in the second one.  Who knew chest to bar pull-ups were my thing?  Go figure!


(And hey, where the hell did those arms come from???  Yikes!!  I had NO idea they existed! :)

Anyway, all ACO did, was fuel the fire, and make me want to compete again, and I will!  I am pleased to report that they have started age-grouping the Master's division for the CrossFit Games, yes, age-grouping.  They've also dropped the starting age to 45, so 2014 Games, here I come.  This is my 3 year goal.  I'm kind of working backwards with the goal setting, but my long-term goals depend on the goals I will set for the short-term (duh, I know).  My 1 year goal is to go back to ACO this December, and win my division.  I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do in the interim to make that happen. Saying I want to get stronger isn't a goal, so I'm going to figure out the specifics and I'll pass it along soon!  I do know a few of the things I'm shooting for, 300+ deadlift, 200+ back squat, HSPU's (no kipping), 95lb OHS, and the ever elusive muscle up.  My hamstring is almost back to normal, and I'm going to continue to modify the workouts as needed, until it's back 100%.

I really want to thank everyone who has been so supportive of me.  I'm not a twenty-something, or thirty-something, plugging away at this thing I love, called CrossFit.  No one has once said to me, "you can't do that," or "you're too old to be doing that," and for this, I am so grateful.  Everyone I work out with (past and present), coaches, other clients, and friends, have pushed me to be better, and to expect more out of myself.  If it wasn't for all of you, I probably wouldn't have competed in the first place.  I look forward to the year ahead, and can't wait to see what happens!      

No comments:

Post a Comment