Saturday, January 15, 2011

Lord of the rings?

Face it, Lady of the rings sounds kind of lame.

Excitement abounds, though, because my gymnastics rings came in the mail yesterday! Woo hoo!  I know I'm going to be cursing them many times in the future, but for now, woo hoo it is.

So if I'm going to get anywhere in the 40+ competitions, I'm going to have to get ridiculously strong.  I'm going to need to be able to bang out body weight movements like they're nothing, the handstand push up will have to become handstand push ups, the muscle up will no longer be a dream, but a reality, ring dips will happen, you get the picture.  I'm thinking about cutting my Oly lifting down to once a week, and adding an extra day of CrossFit.  I need to be a metcon queen.  Track workouts, gymnastics, strength training, so much to plan for!  I wish I had the time and the money to train more.  I would love to have a dedicated coach guiding me through all of this, but I'll do the best I can without one.

I've signed up for the Fittest Games at Central, in February.  I went with Intermediate 40+ because I don't have my full HSPU or muscle up at this time, and that was a "requirement" for Elite status.  I'm not going to scale anything, even though that's an option.  I'm kind of hoping the ladies I competed with in Dallas will make the trip to Austin for this event, because I'd like another chance to WOD with them.  I've got 4 weeks to get some serious training under my belt, I'll keep you posted!  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment