Monday, November 22, 2010

3 weeks until D-Day, are you effing kidding me?

Wow, where has time gone?  I can't believe we're only 3 weeks out from ACO, holy crap!  If my shoulders will hold up until then, I'm good.  I've been feeling the impingement after this last week of workouts, but had 2 rest days in a row over the weekend, and I'm feeling much better today.  Lots of overhead stuff, snatch work, and upping the ante during my workouts with JDP.

Sunday I ran my long run on my own, just couldn't get up early and do it with Rogue.  We were supposed to do 9 miles that day, and due to my inability to do math whilst running, I ended up doing 10.36!  This is a new record for me, woo hoo!  After that run, I know I could do 13 no problem, so my fears about that have abated.  It was the first time I ran with my dual hydration belt and GU packets.  "Eating" on the fly was not very easy, though, because you're breathing gets interrupted.  It was doable, I just need to try not to choke to death while I'm running!

Tues 11-16-10

10 min cut off

21-15-9
KB snatch R arm
KB snatch L arm
Pull ups

Finished this one Rx'd (16kg) in 8:58.  Felt pretty good throughout, and managed to do all of my snatches unbroken.  I'm not feeling as strong on my pull ups as I used to, but managed to break them up into larger chunks instead of 2 or 3 at a time.

Thurs 11-18-10

3 rds/12 min cut off

3 OHS (75#)
9 back squats (75#)
18 burpees
2 shuttle runs

Rx'd weight for females was 105lbs, which to me, was a little too heavy.  My max OHS weight is 80lbs, so I went with 75lbs, finished in 8:02.  We ended class with a few dead hang contests, first right arm only, then left arm only, then both arms.  If you dropped from the bar you had to do bicycle sit ups until the last person came off the bar.  I didn't do very well on the one-armed hangs, but won the two-arm hang! :)

I only had one session with JDP this week, and we worked on my handstand holds, strict KB presses, pike position ring dips, and negative pull ups.  And of course, we did some mobility work before hand.  Things are coming along, I just need to work on my verbiage during workouts.  No more "can't", "won't", or "I hate that" allowed.  I'm trying to retrain my brain and be positive.  The negative thinking is only going to drag me down and have me defeated before I even get started.  I'm working on it though. :)

Oly lifting is still coming along.  Oleg is pleased with my lifts, and I think my timing has gotten much better.  I'm anxious to start trying for PR's on the clean and jerk.  Kind of ready to see what I can do.  We worked on snatching Friday, nothing too heavy, but they felt good.  I skipped Rogue's quality workout on Wednesday, and the long run on Sunday, because I felt my leg needed a break.  The hamstring is feeling much better after the rest.  I'll do a short run this afternoon to test the waters.  I'm running the turkey trot on Thanksgiving, so we'll see how it does then too.  I've also made some head way on my double unders, FINALLY!!!  I worked on them yesterday, and am at last getting several in a row.  I've been worried about these ever since I signed up for ACO.  I had visions of myself getting stuck on double unders in the middle of a WOD.  Now I've gained some confidence, and I'll continue to work on them up until the competition.

And yes, I am 100%, totally freaking out about competing, but I'm excited, and looking forward to being a part of the action, instead of watching it.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment