Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Cleared for take-off

Saw the ortho doc today, and he cleared me to "get back to my regular workouts." Nice of him, seeing as how I never really stopped working out. Have you met me?  Anyway, I feel good to go, some residual pain in the mornings, but I think I'm on the right track with getting my posture fixed and getting "organized" by Sam.  I have a new issue with my right hamstring/glute, and Sam is also helping me get that worked out. Evidently, my right hip is weaker than the left, the glute isn't doing it's job properly, so my poor hamstring is taking up the slack.  I'm trying to get this area strengthened up, because my leg is pretty worthless when it's tight as fuck!  My runs with Rogue are getting longer and longer, so it's imperative that I get this thing back to working order.  Our long run this weekend is 8 miles...whew!  I'm going to have to do this while on vacation in Memphis.  Can't wait to run around Shelby Farms like I used to!  I'm hoping a change of scenery will make the run a little easier and more enjoyable.  I'm getting kind of burned out on running the trail up at Brushy Creek, and was not looking forward to an 8-mile loop up there.

WOD's from last week:

Tues 10-12-10


Kettlebell ladder

10 squats
20 snatches
30 cleans
40 push ups
50 swings
40 push ups
30 cleans
20 snatches
10 squats

I don't remember the time cut-off for this one, and forgot to write it down, but I made it through the last 30 cleans.  I once again got hung up on the push ups, THEY'RE SO TIME CONSUMING!!!!  But, I did all of them on my toes, Rx'd this one with a 16kg kettlebell too.

Thurs 10-14-10


10 rounds

5 Hanging snatches
5 Burpees

Again, forgot the time cut-off, I think it was 10 minutes.  After a short debate with JDP over how much I was going to use (which went something like, ME: "I don't think I can do 55lbs for 10 rounds," JDP:  "Let me see you snatch it," ME: (as I'm demoing) "I should probably use 45," JDP:  "Nope, that's your weight." (as he walks away).  He was right, as much as I hate to admit, Rx'd this one with 55lbs, made it into my 9th round with 5 H. snatches + 3 burpees.

So my big news is that I've signed up for the All Cities Open in Dallas, in December.  They're having a "40+ division", so I felt like I had to do it.  I'm of course scared shit-less, but I've already paid, gotten the time off from work, etc. so I'm in.  Fuck me.  I have 7 weeks to get my double unders, and to get my push-up stamina built up.  I could use all the support and encouragement I can get, because I truly am terrified.  Here goes nothin'.....

No comments:

Post a Comment