Friday, October 1, 2010

Getting "organized"

After 2 sessions with the mobility savior, Sam Sneed, my shoulders are feeling like a million bucks!  Turns out all of my problems came from having crappy posture.  I was completely oblivious about my poor posture.  I looked through pictures from the Women's Challenge, and in every one, I am slouching big time.  Because of Sam (and JDP) I've become more aware of how I stand, sit, etc. throughout the day, and have been constantly correcting my position if I catch myself slouching forward, or let my shoulders roll forward.  I've been doing exercises to strengthen my "posture" muscles and my internal and external rotators.  I think it's working.  I tested the shoulders out this week, with some overhead lifts in my Oly class, and by doing "Cindy" on Tuesday.  No problems so far.  I made sure to ice after all workouts as well.  No pain in the collarbones, woo hoo!  I've decided to either cut back my physical therapy at Greater Austin Ortho, or eliminate it completely.  I think that the work Sam has done on me and a few more sessions with him will ensure I'm on the right track to fixing my posture problem.

Workouts this week have been pretty good.  I've managed to get all of my running in this week, and will cap it off with a long run on Sunday.  Monday I cleaned 110#, not a PR, 5lbs shy of it, BUT, it was a smooth, clean lift with a huge pull, and it didn't knock me on my ass, like it used to. I felt strong, the lift felt great, progress!  Tuesdays WOD, "Cindy" was very disappointing, I only managed 11 rounds and change.  My pull ups and squats were no problem, but once again, I got held up with my push ups.  I am on a mission to improve my push up stamina.  I've been asking every elite Crossfitter I can find what they suggest I do to improve...we'll see how it works out.  Thursdays WOD was a nice way to end my week!  200m lunges, 50 box jumps, 30 deadlifts (185# Rx'd) 16:08!  I was happy with it, because not many women did it with the Rx'd weight.  Yay me! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that Sam is helping and that you are able to get back to crushing WODs. I was bummed to miss yesterday's WOD - it looked fun! Great job on finishing as Rx'd. And, thanks for the reminder to stand up/sit up straight!

    See ya Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete