Saturday, October 9, 2010

The week in review...

I had a decent week, felt a little more tired than usual, I think the non-stop schedule I've created kind of got the best of me.  Sunday I had a great long run with Rogue.  It was a hilly 6 miles through downtown, past DKR stadium, turnaround at 32nd or 38th, can't remember.  CrossFit has ruined me for the "nice and easy" long runs, which I guess is a good thing.  I finished first, couldn't help myself, had to run it like I meant it!  The weather was fantastic too!  Wednesday we ran our 2-mile timed run at the track.  I finished in 17:27 which is great for me.  My goal is to bring it down into the 15-16 minute range the next time we test.  If I keep up the paces I've been running, I should have no problem attaining my goal of a sub-2-hour half.  We'll see!

WOD Thurs 10/2/10

200m lunges
50 box jumps (20in)
30 deadlifts (185#)

Finished this one in 16:08, Rx'd it too with those 185# deadlifts, WOO HOO!!!  I am pleased to say, I avoided post-deadlift-angry-back-syndrome after this WOD as well.  I think my legs have gotten a lot stronger in the past few months from my Oly lifting, and I definitely felt like I used them more in this WOD.  Saved the back!

WOD Tues 10/5/10


3 rounds

9 deadlifts (85# all movements)
7 sumo deadlift high pulls
5 push press
400m run

Finished this one in 11:00 flat.  Rx'd as well, 10 seconds behind Clarkie...I'm gonna catch you girl!!! :)  We both agreed that the run in this WOD was the big suck.  I struggled a bit with the push presses too, I had to fight the urge to jerk it when I started getting tired.

WOD Thurs 10/7/10


Back squats 5-5-3-3-3 (75-85-95-105-125)

3 min row for calories
rest 30 sec
3 min ring rows
rest 30 sec
3 min DB floor press (25#)

I managed 125 (reps + cals).  I jumped into Chris Hartwell's 4:00 class this day, so I missed my regular peeps from JDP's 6:45 class.  I was really disappointed I couldn't do this one Rx'd too.  I tried the 35# dumb bells, and it just wasn't happening with my left arm.  I think I could have managed with the right.  Tried the 30# ones too, and it was too much also.  Meh, 25#, oh well.  I need to work on my upper body strength obviously.

Oly lifting was good this week as well.  We worked on snatch grip heavy pulls, using the straps and the platform on top of the platform, etc. Cleans from the platform, and got to do some muscle snatching.  The shoulders feel pretty good, except when I'm trying to sleep.  I'm through with physical therapy, but still seeing Sam for some ART.  He said everything is looking and feeling better, progress!  I'll see my ortho in 2 weeks, so we'll see what he says.

1 comment:

  1. You're kickin' butt, girl! I love that you and I push each other in class. Makes it much more fun!

    Great job with all of your running, too. I'm going to be chasing you!!

    ReplyDelete