Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cuz I'm a girl?

I had the bright idea of trying to include other people in my suffering, and much to my chagrin, it worked. I decided that I need to work on my push-ups, so I can crank them out faster at the final Spartan benchmark WOD on June 26th, so I invited others to join me in this 20-day challenge. The only problem is, is that NOW I HAVE TO DO 50 PUSH-UPS A DAY FOR THE NEXT 20 DAYS!!!! Or else...

I felt good about this idea of mine, until I invited the boys on my Spartan team to join us girls in our quest for push-up greatness. Forgetting, of course, that men (for general intents and purposes) have greater upper body strength than we women do (for the most part). And, they're usually better at push-ups. (Ladies, don't get all excited, I said usually) Well, after they sent me their times for their 50 push-ups, clearly they don't need any help in this department. They sent in times ranging from 1:02 to :49, are you kidding me? Up to this point, I've been hoping to get them done in under 5 minutes! Sub-minute? WTF, How?

So, I made my first attempt at greatness this morning, fresh out of bed, raring to go, OMG 25 push-ups barely, in a minute, and I had already started the "sets of 3 or 4". Boo! So disgusted with my performance that I quit right there, vowing to do them again this afternoon.

...And...they're done. 50 push-ups in 4:42. Major suckage, but there's only one way to go, and that's towards improvement! I can't compare myself to the guys right now, and I won't say it's because I'm a girl. I'm just not there yet. Talk to me in 20 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment