Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Buh-bye fruit, it was nice knowing you.

Yes, it's the end of the road for me and my faves, strawberries, blackberries, and pineapple. After some cyber-stalking, and googling, I have come to the conclusion, that those who are most successful at this thing we call CrossFit, don't really eat a whole lot of fruit, if any, really. Bummer. I love my sweet treats. After the fruit I have in my refrigerator is gone, I'm not going to buy anymore until the Spartan Challenge is over. I'm hoping it will improve my overall performance, my body fat percentage, and perhaps, curb the dreaded sugar "crazies" I sometimes fall victim to. My normal sunny disposition (hey, quit laughing) will possibly be absent during this time, I will try my best to remain positive. *Sigh* this is NOT going to be fun.

1 comment:

  1. If you're going crazy needing something sweet, then by all means eat fruit (obv a much better option than chocolate cake). I don't buy it on a regular basis, maybe some blueberries, cherries, and apples off and on. The Whole9 nutrition workshop disagreed with using fruit post workout- that root vegetables (sweet potatoes, beets) are better.

    You might be surprised by how little you miss fruit. But don't feel like you need to cut it out completely, there are benefits/vitamins/minerals to fruit. Just remember it's supposed to be SOME, not a lot.

    ReplyDelete